Summer Acting Lab 2018!
The Summer Acting Lab is back for another exciting season. Sign up by April 5th for early registration discount (ends April 5th, 2018). Space is limited and filling up quickly!
- Meet new friends and become a part of a community of artists!
- Participate in engaging exercises and activities, informed by real professional acting methods
- Build Acting skills, express creativity, and most importantly, have fun in the process!
- Learn via expert instruction (teachers with professional experience) and small class sizes
- All levels of experience welcome!
Dates: July 16th- July 29th, 2018
- Performance: A commencement showing for family and friends will be held at the end of the lab on Sunday, July 29th, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 9am – 9:15am: Warm-ups
- 9:15am – 10:30am: Acting Class
- 10:30am – 12:00pm: Devising/Rehearsal for Original Theatre Piece
What is Devising?
With an emphasis on collaboration and ensemble, students will create from scratch a theater piece inspired by a specific starting point of the students’ choosing, such as a theme or piece of visual art. The rehearsal process will consist of activities designed to spark creativity and generate material. Subsequently, our explorations will be shaped into an original piece of storytelling to share with an audience!
Youth Class (ages 8-12):
Teen Class (ages 13-17):
We are located in Chicago. Classes will meet at Pendulum Space. The address is 1803 West Byron Street (2nd floor, Suites 215-216), a secure building dedicated to educational and art class facilities. Pendulum Space includes three studios and an adjacent lobby, and is conveniently located close to the Ravenswood, Lincoln Square, and North Center neighborhoods.
- To register online please follow the directions below.
- Enrollment fee covers the entire session series.
- For questions about our scholarship program, please email: email@example.com.
- Students will receive a class t-shirt.
Once your spot is reserved, we will send you a Summer Acting Lab Packet, which will contain paperwork as well as additional details about the classes. Please be sure to contact us if you have any questions! We look forward to meeting you!
Please click on the "Add to Cart" button underneath either class option. Then, a shopping cart logo will appear in the top right corner of your screen. (The logo is a black oval with a white shopping cart). Next, click on the shopping cart logo. This will take you to the checkout page and our secure online transaction form.
If you should run into any problems with the registration process, please feel free to call us at 312-772-3057. Or if you would prefer to register by mail, we can arrange for a form to be delivered to you right away! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org